From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of smwood
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 12:18 PM
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR> Re: Fuel Flow Test

Thanks for the suggestions, both on-line and off-line, for verifying the
fuel flow from a mechanical fuel pump.  Gist of the responses was to provide
a temporary alternate source of fuel for the engine to run full power; catch
the pumped fuel from the regular system at the carb and measure the quantity
after a two minute run; then do the math for gallons per hour.
Of course, be extremely careful with the alternate plumbing around the
running engine and prop.  Also tie that beast down!  Would not be the first
time a full power run jumped the chocks.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net "