Hi guys
I posted this a few days ago but have no idea if it ever made it so here goes
again:

Hi guys
This post is not KR specific but is related to flying revmaster motors.
As many of you will remember I made quite an elaborate cooling plenum chamber
that covers the top of the motor. I am pleased to report that not only are the
CHT's within limits but almost on the low side. That plenum cover works!
I would like to know if there are any KR's flying with Revmaster motors
equipped with quad CDI ignition. The reason I ask is that after the maiden test
flight on Sunday of my latest Whisper motor glider that lasted approx 1/2 hour,
it stood for a few minutes on the ramp before it was decided to take it up
again. The motor was stone dead. We could not even get a backfire out of it.
After taking the top cowl off and feeling the CDI coils we found them to be
very hot due to heatsoak from sitting in the hot environment under the cowl.
The cooling plenum I made excludes the inlet runners and the CDI coils mounted
to them. My question is what kind of temperatures can I expect these coils to
handle before it begins to break down?
I went out to the field yesterday and attempted to start it, it fired right up
and ran smoothly.

Regards
Dene Collett
Avlec Projects cc