My previously reported KR-2 weight is in error.  After some help by fellow
Chapter 478 members Bernie Wunder and Tom Weis and assisted by Mike Weis,
the correct weight appears to be 746 or 709 pounds, depending on which
measurement and which bathroom scale you care to believe.  When we loaded
the aircraft, wheel weights approached 500 pounds.  Since the scales only
went to 300 pounds max, we had to use two scales per wheel.  That gets
tricky for positioning the wheel exactly in the middle of the bridge between
the two scales.  We also managed to trash one scale when the KR-2
unexpectedly rolled off that scale and bent the edge of its platform.  Not
exactly a hard landing, but it did get everyone's attention.  Chocks
suddenly became important.  It appears that the nose does get fairly light
at 58 to 63 pounds depending on leveling and gross weights.  (I recall Mark
Jones reporting 63 pounds nose wheel weight for his tri-gear.)  Leveling
does change with loading as the airplane settles on the main gear.  The
spring gear also moves the wheels outboard with increasing loads.  That
introduces side loading on the scales that messes with the scale
calibration.
I still don't have the true numbers for weight and CG.  More to follow.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net