Jim Faughn showed me his dipstick on his 2180 VW at the Gathering a few
years ago.  He had cut the lower end off the dip stick and then riveted a
piece of nylon zip tie to the bottom.  He had hundreds of hours on the nylon
zip tie in the engine oil with no problems.  The flex nylon allowed Jim to
check the oil reaching through the engine cooling air inlet.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net

I have a HAPI 1835 with a Rand Cowl.  The dip stick is easily accessible
through the air intake but it cannot be removed without removing the top of
the cowl.  How do those that are flying VW access the dip stick.  do you
Modify the dipstick, cut a door in the cowl, remove the cowl?  Any adverse
affects from cutting the dip stick tube?

Thanks,

Pete Gauthier
Woodburn OR