Hello Dave,

First off my salute to you and sincere thanks for your service to this country!
You have my respect and help at any time.

Glad to see you planning to get this thing going. A couple of things to go
over. The original spring-bar isn't what is used for the tri gear conversion.
Dan Diehl made a different type of fixed geat that bolts to the main spar. It
no longer passes through the cabin as the spring bar did. This gear can just be
turned around. If you airplane has that gear it is easy to do. If it has the
old spring bar it is still easy.

To make repairs to this airplane is really easy. You have to preserve the
integrity of the wood structure but you can cut as many holes in the glass skin
as you want and cut it up like a Mexican pork chop and as long as you glass it
back together it is fine.

Don't be affraid to turn it over. Turning it over is not as big of a deal as
you might think. Then it is a lot easier to do the conversion on the main gear.
For the nose gear it needs to be right side up.

What part of the country will you be in when you make do this? I am in the
South East.

Victor Taylor
Irvington Alabama