Mark / Netters
My antenna is a twin to what you bulit. The top half of the dipole is under the
glass in the vert stabalizer. The lower half is inside the section of plastic
wire mold and mounted in a straight line with the other half of the dipole in
as vertical a line as possible. I have three toroid baluns on the coax at the
point of connection like yours and held with heat shrink. I did cut the coax at
a multiple of 20.3" when terminating it at the comm radio. I also added an
additional grounding sheath over the coax as suggested by Joe Horton and
grounded it only at one end at the panel. I can clearly hear Akron-Canton tower
and approach / departure frequencies, but an unable to contact them for a radio
check. That may be due to the fact that they have a much more powerful
transmitter and I'm trying to reach them with only 4 to 5 watts and located in
my basement workshop.
I going to leave things as they are for now and work on other things. I'll wait
till the plane is out of my work shop to continue testing.
Thanks to all that provided help and some good laughs. Maybe I have the flux
transducer thingy in backwards.....
Pete Klapp