Today I weighed both cowlings.  Given the total weight with VW being 720 and
the total weight with the Corvair being 750 and adding in the 9 pounds
difference in cowl weight, the installed weight of the Corvair is 39 pounds
greater than the VW 2276 as installed on my KR2.

Much less than I expected.

Also, taxied today and everything seems to be a go, except that I have a
real problem at the 1000 RPM spot.  That is where I like to taxi, and the
engine quits everytime I get it in that spot and leave it there for a
second.  I have a 2700 with an Ellison EFS-3A.  Also, it will idle much
lower than I thought it should be able to, around 650 and even lower for a
short while.  I am going to try to fiddle with the idle mixture adjustment
tomorrow to see if I can cure this problem.

Also, for you EFS-3A guys, is your throttle sticky at the low end?  It could
be my installation, that is why I ask.

Also, is 2850 static good enough?  That seems a little low to me.  I have a
Sensenich 54 54.

See N64KR at  <http://krbuilder.org/> http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on
the pics

See you at the 2011 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

There is a time for building and it never seems to end.

Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC