The Lancair 320/360 and the Pulsar XP have all composite construction, fuel
in the wings and removable wings.  The Lancair wing spars are attached with
only two bolts for both wings at the two common attachment points inside the
fuselage.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net

Hi Dave

Many thanks the reply. I am well familiar with the KR2 Super and its
website, have been studying it since February of this year as well as many
other KR builders sites.

I like the KR2Super very much and building with composites is no problem for
me - been doing for about ten years for model RC planes ( a different story
but composites are not new to me). As usual one sets out with a plan and a
list of desires which normally are not fulfilled in every way by existing
designs - in other words one tends to like different things about different
designs but never finds the "ultimate solution". So I want a two seat, side
by side and homebuilt from plans. It would be great if it could fit into LSA
limits (again a wishful thought). That led me to KR and the KR2S. Further
research led me to alternative materials due to wood availability in my
country. I found the KR Super and got excited.

Trouble for me though is I want the original wing design with WAF's, fixed
undercarriage, fuel tanks in the stub wings and I want to put it onto a
trailer to take home in winter and save storage cost for fuel! Scott's KR2
Super does not allow for this with his spar design. I also like the way Mark
has rebuilt his wings - from the fotos it is a far simpler construction the
the Supers but he used "beefed up" woodens spars.

I also find nothing difficult/complicated about the Supers spar design -
website has excellent instructions, very good foto's and if followed
correctly and taking care with the layups and methods an easy part to make.

I am by no means a designer and would be lying if I said I understood half
the technical discussion on spar design so was hoping to compare what I have
found out and worked with to someone else who may be more familiar with the
design aspects of a spar.

So back to my original question/query - has anyone designed alternative
composite wing spars using the original WAF's mountings design idea?

thanks again

Greg