Stephen,
The fully programmable ignition system may need some help to set the
mixture.  A simpler way is to install an Oxygen sensor in the exhaust system
to feed a Mixture Meter aka Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR).  Then you can set the
mixture exactly to what you want it to be in real time while flying for any
power setting and any altitude.  (Assuming you do have a manual mixture
control somewhere in the fuel system.)  No more waiting to see which
cylinder peaks first and other such antiquated methods.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net

...I have just decided to break from my original edict and purchase a fully
programmable ignition system instead of keeping everything stock. This will
allow me to program my A/F ratio and ignition advance or retard at any RPM ,
any boost, and any load. Something a modern "certified" aircraft engine
could never hope to do.
But weather I make 10000 hours or not even 10, people believe what they
want, and that is just the way it is. So if you think you can do it better
and or different then get after it. Change will happen.

Stephen Teate
Paradise, Texas

Stephen Teate
Paradise, Texas