Sandbags strapped into the co-pilot seat spot, full fuel & a full 35lb
suitcase (or whatever your baggage limit is) in your baggage area is
probably the most realistic method I can think of....

I bought a program called 'winn balance' to do my initial W&B stuff,
when I get to that point... It costs $14.99, and uses the readout from 3
bathroom scales to compute W&B numbers.....