Hi All;
I am wondering if anyone has an idea of the number of board feet of spruce
required to build a stretched and widened (I know it depends on amount of width
added etc.)KR2S fuselage.
I am going to British Columbia ( Canada's West Coast where Sitka grows)in April
and was thinking of just buying one board and cutting all my longerons etc.from
that. I know I would lose wood in the kerf etc. but might be able to get a good
deal on the wood and ship it back myself.
I would think something 16-18 ft long and 2 inches thick but not sure how wide
it would have to be. Maybe 6-8 inches?
I think Aircraft Spruce wants around $1800.00 for the spruce kit .
Lots of questions for those more knowledgeable than I .
I always look forward to the feedback from the group.
Thanks
Bob R