Lots of traffic on the KRnet the past two days regarding fuel flow calculations. I did not see any traffic on actual ground measurements to verify the fuel flow capacity. In the USA you need to have those numbers for an airworthiness certificate inspection. The measurements are supposed to be done at maximum angle of attack (generally 14 degrees up from level flight), maximum power setting and minimum fuel at each tank. I am using 3/8 inch fuel lines. My numbers on the 2180 VW for measured fuel flow rates were 21.6 gal/hour for the engine driven mechanical pump and 23.3 gal/hour for the Facet electric pump, each measured separately. I wonder how many flying KR aircraft actually had those measurements done before making that first flight?

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA