Dear All,
I am very sory to hear about Colin.  I will share some details of my experience
to help understand Colons;
I had about 13 5 hours of flight time on my plane when I hard landed.  The day
before the incident, I flew 2.5 hours of blissful and exhilarating flight, I
miss my plane!
The day of the incident I peflighted the plane and took off at around 1115. On
departure the engine hesitated.  I was past the point of safe landing, so I
continued to the end of the runway maintaining altitude, airspeed around 80
mph, and engine at idle.  At the end of the runway I made a tight left hand,
button hook turn to the runway. Straight ahaed was trees and i didnt want to
land in the trees.  In the turn i lost airpeed and altitude. I remember
thinking that I was going to need power to get out of the decent I was in.  I
don't remember anything else.  There was no damage to the airport property,
houses, airport fuel farm, fences etc.
Medics arrived and said that I was contious. I was life flighted to the best
trauma hospital  where they determined that I had 7 broken ribs, a broken hip,
2 punctured lungs. I hope to be released in a few days.  I hope this doesn't
discourage anyone, as soon as I am better I will build again.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20170630/plane-crashes-in-baker-pilot-ok
Collins airplane looked more in tact than mine.
Good luck Colin!
Joe NunleyBaker Fl N269HJ KR2
-------- Original message --------From: Stef den Boer via KRnet
<krnet@list.krnet.org> Date: 7/12/17  3:00 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: KRnet
<krnet@list.krnet.org> Cc: Stef den Boer <stefk...@ziggo.nl> Subject: Re: KR>
Colin Hales
So sad,
Again I feel sick in my stomach, 2 kr2 in les than 2weeks. All the best Colin,
glad you are alive. Sorry for the last of your bird.
Stef