I used .002 stainless foil with the fiberfrax.  I laid the heat to it and
didn't burn a hole through it.  Much lighter than .016".  You do need to be
more careful after the foil is on the firewall and definitely seal the
perimeter.  It comes in 1' and 2' rolls.  Of course, the firewall is taller
than 24", so I overlapped at the bottom where the fuel lines are routed.
Roger Baalman