Hi George,

A friend of mine had an engine out/wreck on a taildragger KR2 which broke both
of the Diehl main gears. I repaired it for him but in the process he wanted me
to switch it to a trigear. Obviously opposite to what you want to do. Yes you
just move the gear attach fittings to the front side of the forward/main spar
and angle the Diehl fiberglass legs forward rather than rearward for the
trigear setup. Keep in mind that the attach bolt holes in the Diehl metal
brackets through the spars and the fiberglass legs more than likely will not
line up which means you will need to plug the holes in the wood spars and
redrill. There have been many posts on how to best fill the holes in the spars
and the fiberglass legs. This job isn't as easy as un-bolting the
fittings,flipping the metal leg brackets to the opposite side of the main spar
and reinserting the bolts! It will take a little while plus the repairs to the
bottom of the stub wings. If the metal bracket holes won't realign, you may be
able
  to put the right gear on the left side and the left on the right side still
attached to the fiberglass gear which should angle both fiberglass gears
forward. It is late so someone correct me if this won't work out.
Larry H

Sent from my iPad