Below is an email that I receive of a safety notice from the FAA FAAST team.
With all the suspected traffic in the path of the eclipse.  They put out this
safety notice.  I was planning on going down to Perryville Missouri (KPVD)which
is in the center of the path and they're planning a big event.  But the plane
that I fly now will be down for new avionics.Be safe out there.
Paul Visk Belleville Il.
618-406-4705

    FAA Safety Team | Safer Skies Through Education

                Are You Flying to the Eclipse Path

Notice Number: NOTC7320

Do you plan to fly your aircraft on August 21 during the solar eclipse? If yes,
you’re not alone. Several airports located in the path of the eclipse have
notified the FAA that they are anticipating a significant increase in air
traffic before and during the eclipse. Many of these airports are non-towered
and have limited capacity to accommodate an increase in traffic. Here are some
tips to fly safe in the path of the eclipse.

        Use US Chart Supplements (formerly AFD).
        Check NOTAMs for your departing and arriving airports, including
airports along the route of your flight. Remember, some airports may already be
at capacity.
        Call your destination airport, and respect the runway closures and
safety information they provide.
        Expect Unicom congestion, and check for additional instructions on
ASOS/AWOS voice over.
        See and Avoid is a high priority. Watch out for possible drone activity.
        Utilize Air Traffic Services when available.
        Use IFR operations when appropriate, file VFR flight plans …. let Air
Traffic assist you!

Have some specific questions about an area or airport? The FAASTeam is here to
help. Our local FAASTeam Program Managers (FPM) are available to help with
local knowledge. Find your local FPM for any given area
https://www.faasafety.gov/FAASTApp/directory/default.aspx

For a refresher on non-towered airport communications, click
https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2017/Jun/Non-Tower_Airport_Comms.pdf

This notice is being sent to you because you selected "General Information" in
your preferences on FAASafety.gov.
If you wish to adjust your selections, log into
https://www.faasafety.gov/Users/pub/preferences.aspx where you can update your
preferences.

        Invite a fellow pilot to the next WINGS Safety Seminar in your area.

      FAASafety.gov |
      Email Preferences |
      Opt Out
  Do not reply to this email as it is an unmonitored mailbox.  Contact us for
comments or questions.