Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 at 6:35 AM
From: "Mark Langford via KRnet" <krnet@list.krnet.org>
To: krnet@list.krnet.org
Cc: m...@n56ml.com
Subject: KR> Get it done!
KRnetHeads,

The other day I said "You need to finish that plane before you get too
old to fly it". This observation comes from watching so many KR
builders spend incredible amounts of time and effort to create a
masterpiece airplane, that often times is sold or parted out before the
builder ever gets to fly it, usually due to the loss of medical, AIDS
(aircraft induced divorce), or just no longer confident in their ability
to fly a small and responsive airplane.

This is not a slap at Stef, Herbert, or anybody else, but we've all seen
it happen. I know of at least two Falcos (which are complex and labor
intensive, even if built per plans) whose builders had finished building
the plane and died, one just days before having it signed off for
flight!

There's plenty of room for both types of builders in the KR
community...Pesak built an awesome plane in a comparatively short amount
of time, and it was a show winner. I probably took longer to build
mine, also spending lots of time fretting the details, making changes,
and documenting the tasks for others, but given the fact that I never
painted it, I wasn't too concerned with what it looked like, as long as
it was efficient. Ken Rand's first KR1 looked like a guy hacked it out
with a hacksaw in his garage, and that's just about accurate, but he
built it very quickly, and was flying the crap out of it in short order.
Most of us are somewhere in between. I guess I'm just trying to say
"finish these things up and get them in the air, folks!". You can sweat
the details later....if you can tear yourself away from flying all the
time. And you'll be having so much fun, you won't care if it's painted
or not!

By the way, Herbert sold his plane to a guy in France just a few days
after announcing it was for sale, if you were wondering.

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
ML "at" N56ML.com
www.N56ML.com[http://www.N56ML.com]