Hi Ray,
Thanks for this write up.  Being new to owning an aircraft, this is the kind of
thing that I may have overlooked and I am sure others learned from it as well.
It is very easy for those who have been around aircraft all of their lives to
gloss over small details like this without a second thought because of their
familiarity.
I hope to see more discussions like this as people identify "gotcha's" that
come up in their day to day learning.
I know a lot of times people point out topics that have been talked about in
the past and don't want to see it re-hashed.  But we are always adding new
members to the discussion, and not everyone has the time to invest looking for
tips and tricks that they don't even know to look for.  I would never have
thought bending a cotter pin was important, other than always replace, never
re-use.
Thanks again for sharing.
-TJ

    On Sunday, February 11, 2018 11:10 PM, Raymond Fuenzalida via KRnet