Dan Heath wrote:

> Anybody know where you can get undersized hinge pins. I want to use pins to
> attach cowling where possible and undersized work better where there are
> curved surfaces being joined.

I used "piano wire" or "music wire" as Aircraft Spruce calls it. They sell it at Aircraft Spruce, and that's probably the primary use. It comes in a coil and it doesn't like to straighten out, so it'll hold itself in place after installation. Automotive paste wax helps a lot too. You'd be amazed at the difference. I reapply every few months. It also helps prevent corrosion, whether wire or the original pin. See https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cmpages/musicwire.php?clickkey=19323

Mark Langford

Search the KRnet Archives at https://www.mail-archive.com/krnet@list.krnet.org/.
Please see LIST RULES and KRnet info at http://www.krnet.org/info.html.
see http://list.krnet.org/mailman/listinfo/krnet_list.krnet.org to change 
To UNsubscribe from KRnet, send a message to krnet-le...@list.krnet.org

Reply via email to