I heard of Richard's passing.   The quote  you give I might revise just a bit,
however.   "Interesting", to me is not the word of choice. "Challenging"
is more appropriate, even though my personal experience flying in true bad
weather conditions is very limited - to the time in the USAF.   His in contrast
was tons more varied and involved - good for  him.  He was a good writer,
among other things.

It is certainly easier to believe that nothing is permanent as one ages.
Visiting old haunts is one way to become disappointed in "progress", for example. Old friends and acquaintances dying off is another.  Hardly a day goes by now without notice of someone in my past departing their earthly body.  (whence is anyone's guess,
if at all)

Which brings me to another pithy observation:  it would be nice to believe that there is indeed some transition which takes place upon death, and the consciousness that  once existed continues somehow, somewhere, in some manner.  The problem I have is that with my limited understanding of what is and what isn't, there is no way to ascertain one way or the other whether or not that is just a fantasy invented by we humans to salve a nagging realization that this, whatever it was for any of us, is it.  Finality.  The end.

If the latter is the case, then I would guess that many of us have indeed wasted what was given to us to do with, and had we the whole thing to do over might, fore-armed with the experience of having lived one life, do things differently, given the opportunity. Others who might have been so fortunate as to live their days in some relatively ideal manner could just be smug and satisfied that they have done so well that there
is no need to try to improve.  Guess which fits me...

Nothing new here.  I don't recall exactly where I left off with the latest, but there will be nothing else to report until mid-May when I see the brain guy.  He and I will decide one way or the other what happens next, if anything.  Meantime, I can see OK, which is to say can drive and do normal stuff.  Still have  double vision in the upper levels of view, but it seems to have tapered off some.  I did see the eye doctor, and I still have 20-20 vision with glasses - where it counts. It seems a bit better.   If there is an incoming UFO or meteor,
that is another thing.  But - maybe there is hope for slow improvement.

I really don't have anything else to offer for now, so forgive me if I keep this shorter than
usual.

Take care, and let me know how the new car situation develops, and whether you dispose of the old formerly reliable car successfully.  Get the KR legal and in the air again soon. The longer you procrastinate, the easier it becomes to do nothing. Ennui consumes ambition, productivity, and life.  Don't let it get to you until there is no longer any choice.

I still find myself looking at airplane ads, and wishing there were some way to get my hands on one to fiddle with, and somehow fly.   It sure is hard to admit defeat with that desire.

George