Just some ramblings on the progress of my KR in Dallas...Today I start putting
my engine together after disassembly for cleaning and inspection. I purchased
some of the gaskets and seals locally. Love the new heads (Revmaster with
stainless seats and valves), Went back with the original pistons and cylinders
and the D3000 magneto with the auto plug 8mm wire conversion. Spent this
weekend reviewing the assembly instructions book from Revmaster and I think I
am ready (famous last words).
I repaired all holes in the inboard and outboard wings that the PO cut into it,
completed the installation of the rudder and brakes assembly, updated the wheel
axles to 3/4" with new bearings and brakes. Secured a 4" prop extension, prop
spinner and the engine came with a prop so I will be using it. Talk to the
gentleman that made the prop and he is committed to making sure I am happy with
it, he will modify it if necessary...
I am optimistic that the project is going well. I have gotten a lot of great
help and advice from the group and my local buddies here at the Mesquite
airport are priceless, they have even made sure I stay current by inviting me
to fly with them in the RV's... and finally I signed up to attend the gathering
this coming September, with or without the airplane.
Blue skies...
Luis R Claudio, KR2S, Dallas, Texas