Travis,  you need to be very careful when you buy a EAB.  I have a friend in my
EAA chapter. He didn't do his homework and now all he has is a static display.
As a reminder this year's Gathering we will have Tim Hoversten from EAA
headquarters and is building a KR-1.  He will be giving a fourm on the proper
way to buy and sell a experimental airplane or project.  Here's a link from an
article from EAA on this subject.
https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-communities-and-interests/homebuilt-aircraft-and-homebuilt-aircraft-kits/next-steps/selling-and-buying-articles/when-you-buy-or-sell-a-homebuilt
Paul ViskBelleville Il.618-406-4705
-------- Original message --------From: Jeff Scott via KRnet
<krnet@list.krnet.org> Date: 6/8/18  6:15 PM  (GMT-06:00) To:
krnet@list.krnet.org Cc: Jeff Scott <jscott.pla...@gmx.com> Subject: Re: KR>
Pre-Buy

Subject: KR> Pre-Buy

Hi KR gang,

I'm interested in buying a KR, specifically Ken Thomas's which was linked
here a little while ago.

What in particular should I be on the lookout for during the pre-buy? The
plane will have a fresh annual. I know Ken widened and lengthened his KR,
did he change the height at all?

?

Thanks,
Travis

Look for good glue joints, well finished glass work, reasonably neat wiring,
and good function of the controls.  Check the W&B and check out the engine.
What you really want to do is open the plane up as if you were doing an annual
inspection and look over everything you can.  If you don't know what you are
looking at, it's worth your money to take someone along that does.

It would take a bit of surgery, but yes, you could remove the gull wing type
canopy and door and replace with a full canopy.  You will need to build the
canopy frame and install probably a dragonfly canopy plexiglass.  It can be
done if that's what you really desire.

-Jeff Scott
Cherokee Village, AR