Bernie,
Fair question. We SHOULD be current through 2003. At least that is what the
current system imported as of Feb 2, 2017.
You can read about the back-end of the system here;
https://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html

A bit more history...
Mark Langford & I have almost every email ever sent to the KRNet mailing
list, since the very beginning. They are in a variety of formats but they
are intact. Over the years, there have also been a variety of archival tools
and web sites that provided access to these messages. And all the prior
providers have gone away for one reason or another.
The most recent provider who closed up shop was "Tom Tugan" who did the
service as an extension of his programming efforts to support his clients.
KRNet was just another database to him and one he held interest in
following. Last year Tom retired. He exported all the data his system held
and sent it to Mark. We were able to get everything from 2003 through
current imported.
Then I tried to import 1997 - 2003 into our new & current system at
https://www.mail-archive.com/krnet@list.krnet.org. That effort failed. The
providers of that site also tried an import unsuccessfully. I don't have
access to the records of our attempts (I'm at work) but I recall there may
have been a "pay-for" service offering to import Tom's database. If I recall
correctly, that was going to be in the thousands of dollars range. I stopped
and figured I'd pursue it later. I haven't picked it up again since.
Thanks for asking.
John Bouyea
Hillsboro, Oregon