Gee, you are a fountain of information!
   I agree completely about the brakes and yes, they are out of round. I am
not equipped to grind on centers (though I have improved them with an angle
grinder), and would rather use a better drum. I once broke the hold-down
arms in a hard landing and made new ones. I will check the the cast
aluminum spar attach
fittings.
   I gather you are still using the original brakes.
   Let me know when I should call.
   Thanks, Gary