Jeff,

I am curious. You refer to pipe dope several times but I am not sure which
pipe dope you are referring to.

Is it standard plumbers pipe dope ? Is it teflon based pipe dope ? Or is it
some other pipe dope compound ?

Im sure you know that there is pipe dope for water, pipe dope for gas and
variations of teflon that is for water or gas.

I dont run mogas but follow your thread on this because I may want to or
need to some day. Certainly many of us have read that there continues to be
regulatory or other drivers that seek to shut down production of aviation
fuels. Aka , where is AV 80 anymore and 100 may go in that direction. Most
likely not in our lifetimes. But anyway.

I used a Permatex Aviation sealant rated for aviation fuels on my fuel tank
drains made bu Saf-Air model CAV110 with the Permatex as a thread sealer.
Just replace all four of mine. Two wing tanks, head tank and fuel strainer.

So, my concern is if Permatex is the pipe dope you are referring to or any
other aviation/fuel rated pipe dope / sealer ?

Jeff York
Lexington, KY