Here's what I bought for my KR.

http://www.boat-fuel-economy.com/lowrance-lmf-200-for-sale

That's just the display.  Fits a 2 inch hole.  Needs to be connected to a
Lowrance EP-60R transducer.  It's a tiny little turbine installed in the
fuel line that spins, the transducer converting spin speed to quantity
used.

http://www.lowrance.eu/products/sensors/ep-60r-fuel-flow-sensor/

They sell them for boats but work just as well on a plane.

I've had to buy a new transducer some years back - used to be designated
an EP-10 so they improved it and the new designation is EP-60R.

The more you "train" it (calibrate it I meant to say), the more accurate
it gets - that is, when filling up you tell the unit how much fuel you
put in and compare that against what the gauge measured since last
fill-up.  You tell the unit how much fuel you actually used when filling
up and after a couple times, it's very precise.  Turned out though,
especially after I had to buy a new transducer, to be more trouble than
it's worth.   You already know how much fuel your engine uses after
you've flown it for awhile and the instrument is redundant.  It's also
scary . . . flying along and suddenly flow drops to zero if the
transducer fails and then you're waiting for the engine to start
sputtering thinking you've had a fuel pump failure or some other fuel
problem.

All in all, I haven't found it trustworthy or all that useful.  It's
another piece of information on the panel so if you have one that's
dependable it's nice but it's very much a supplementary instrument.
Nothing beats just knowing how much fuel you have on board and how long
you've been in the air . . . in combination with a reliable fuel quantity
gauge.  It can be interesting for leaning the mixture but again, once you
get to know your engine you'll seldom give the fuel flow meter any
attention.

That's  been my experience with the Lowrance.  Navman makes one which is
supposedly more trouble free.  A friend with an E-Racer had a Navman and
liked it.

Mike
KSEE