From: Daniel Branstrom [mailto:4dan.branst...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 11:59 AM
To: krnet@list.krnet.org
Subject: KR> Warning to anyone buying a used homebuilt: W&B

If you're buying a used homebuilt, be sure that the weight and balance
are accurate.

One problem is that planes tend to gain weight over time, but a more
serious problem is that some builders just copy other's builder's weight
and balance. Needless to say, that can be dangerous.

I mentioned that I knew of one builder that had done that (not a KR) on
a reply to a post that WW made, and he replied that when he did a mass
weight and balance on Pietenpols, that he found two of them that had the
W&B simply copied from another plane.

Sometimes, the person who did the W&B simply has made a mistake, such as
weighing a taildragger with the tailwheel on the ground, but sometimes
the person is just lazy or dishonest.

Dan Branstrom