Jeff Scott wrote:

>> I'll be happy to go to Lee's Summit. Actually looking forward to the change of venue. BUT... how many KRs are equipped with ADS-B Out? ADSB-Out is required to get into Lee's Summit in 2020. Not an issue for me as mine is equipped. Lee's Summit is not actually inside the Class B Airspace, but does lie just inside the 30 NM veil. <<

I do plan to buy an ADS-B out before the Gathering, as it's just about time to buy one anyway if I want to deal with controlled airspace (and I do...when I have to). Units like the uAvionix "echoUAT" are not insanely expensive ($1449 for "everything") assuming you already have a mode C or S transponder. See https://uavionix.com/products/echo-uat/ if interested. Their "skyBeacon" and "tailBeacon" are pretty cool too, but the KR2 doesn't have a tail beacon mount to install it in. I would expect even lower cost alternatives as we go forward, but I could be wrong.

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com