Thanks for all the advice on the spars. The problem I have is that I'm British.
Now being British isn't the problem exactly as its a wonderful thing! We are
mostly well educated, civilised, understand irony, are humourous, don't take
ourselves too seriously and have a national health service. But we also
unfortunately have an awkward governing body, the LAA which is our version of
the EAA.

Any deviation from the original plans, even though they are usually better,
safer, stronger, mean an evaluation by the bods in hats, as it will be
classified as a modification. There is a fee tied to this and about a six month
waiting list while they consider all that we already know and ask all the
dumbest questions possible.

Early days, I won't mention names as yet but I've got lots to follow up with
regards to spars.

Here is another stupidity. DHL, UPS, Fedex and quite a few other freighting
companies state that their maximum shipping length to the UK for any parcel or
package is 8 feet. I'm trying to get longeron 5/8 square spruce out of Spruce
and Spec. They sell it in 12 feet lengths and my lower longerons are 10 feet 6
inches. I can't splice it as that is another mod.... The world has gone crazy.
Don't worry on this one, I think I have go it sorted.

I'll post some photos of the repairs as soon as there are any worthy stages met.

Cheers Colin.