I forgot to mention when discussing radio interference from ignition
sources the fact that I use Steve's "cans" that fit over the primary
"magneto" plugs.  I've never flown the plane without these "static
protectors" that Great Plains used to sell (and still may) so I can't say
how effective they are but since I've never had any static issues with
the plane, even with strobes going, I'd have to guess they are a good
idea.

http://www.greatplainsas.com/scspkplug.html

The absolutely most foolproof way to eliminate all static from radio
communications is to directly ground the radio to the plane's battery . .
. I've been told.

Extracted from yesterday's email on this topic:

"You can find very low resistance wires these days that are still
well-protected from electromagnetic interference.  In other words, just
because they have remarkably low resistance, don't presume you'll get
static on the radio.  The ones I bought are from Taylor - "Thundervolt" I
want to say.  The ones for the car I bought were just the best Delco's I
could find.  There's been no static on my aircraft (or car) radio but the
VW runs with noticibly more enthusiam."