I'm periodically astonished to see just wha a comprehensive membership of
people who have a relationship with the KR series in one way or another,
or just with subjects (engines for instance) which are associated in one
way or another with KR's . . . or who just maintain their newsletter feed
to stay on top of what's going on with our worldwide KR community.

So great to hear tha Colin is back on track to rebuilding his world
traveller.

A good friend in Johannesburg is building his own design, borrowing
heavily from his experience building his original KR-2.  This one won't
have wood spars . . . all glass.  Strong as we know our wings to be with
their wooden spars, are any wing failures related to glass spar failures
in the various "Look-alike" KR's that, like my friend's, is being built
just with glass spars?  Are they inherently weaker than our wood spars?

Although not a builder, I'm strongly impressed with the excellent record
of our wooden spars and forged cranks.  Although I doubt anyone is
claiming glass is stronger than wood, is there anyone claiming that glass
is _just as strong_ as wood?  Is it?  Or is it just a cheaper, easier way
to do things?

Mike Stirewalt
KSEE