Kevin,

Glad to see you have REAL weights so far and that's an important step. I
assume you took them tail up, ie inflight attitude.

Figuring out your engine location to meet your desired CG is not too hard.

I'd recommend you set your firewall as the datum; is isn't going to move.
Ever. And I guess the leading edge of the stub wing works as well. Your
airplane so your choice.

* Get your aircraft landing gear arms measured while in an inflight
attitude;

* Figure your pilot/ passenger arm, the fuel arm(s) and anything else you
want on your W&B sheet as Don mentioned below

Now solve for CG where;

* all your known arms times their respective weights summed

* minus your known engine weight times variable arm Y (it's negative because
it is FORWARD of the firewall or wing leading edge datum)

gives you the loaded CG point you want

For example and THESE ARE JUST GUESSES SO DO THE WORK & MATH YOURSELF!

(Put in your own numbers to come up with your solution)

Your empty AC weight is 331# where 276# is main wheels & 55# is the
tailwheel

Multiply those by their respective arms to get your positive AC structure
moment

Add your pilot moment (you're skinny, 145# times the arm)

Add your fuel moment ((guessing fuel capacity @ 14G times 6#/ gal) times the
arm)

So now you have AC + pilot + fuel for an empty weight & moment

Now you know that the engine weight is 182# at a starting NEGATIVE arm of
-11.5"

If this doesn't work out, change the engine (mount) arm to come up with what
you DO want.

Does this make sense?

John Bouyea

N133RM KR-2S - imported, fixed & flying