I am not using a turbo or a VW...  However, you might want to look at something
like the Turbo Wastegate Controller for a Subaru.  It's a simple diaphragm that
uses a line from the intake manifold to pressurize the wastegate controller,
which will open the wastegate to regulate the intake pressure.  Hopefully the
small .jpg I attached will make it through for you to see a photo.  These are
available on Ebay for less than $30.  Just search "Subaru wastegate
controller".  Maybe one of the Subaru guys can tell you the pressure setting
where it opens the wastegate.

The complete system configuration and setup can be seen at
<https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/615088215/How+Subaru+s+Factory+Boost+Control+System+Works>

-Jeff Scott
Arkansas Ozarks