Aircraft insurance market is getting tight as insurance companies are sending out notice of premium increases before you even get a quote.  Trying to soften the blow I guess.

If you're just getting in to the market I'd suggest contacting "SkySmith" up in Iowa.   https://skysmith.com/  He is big in EAA.

I've been with them since 1998 and very satisfied with their service.  They are a broker and will get bids from three or so different companies.  They do not quote Avemco or the EAA insurers so separate contacts for them will be necessary.  If you have an auto conversion engine it may not be possible to get insurance. Low time tailwheel also difficult as well as first flight insurance.

Back in 2004 I could only get liability for the first flight from Avemco and they wanted $999 a year.  Fortunately I could pay quarterly so I went with one quarter, got in a number of hours, and then switched to a much cheaper company. Once you hit 80 years of age, unless you are currently insured, you're out of the market, period.  Even with your current insurer the premiums go way up.  A friend is a partner on an RV10, RV7A, and owns a C140. If he gets out of those and gets another aircraft he'll never get insurance again.  The agent told him flat out.

Before you look to get insurance help yourself by getting current, lots of hours in the last 12 months, plenty of tailwheel time if that's what you have, do as many FAA "Wings" programs as possible,  and even then prepare to be disappointed when you look to get insurance.

The market is tight right now and the insurance companies are saying so.

Larry Flesner