> Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 at 10:30 AM
> From: "costewart23" <costewar...@frontier.com>
> To: "KRnet" <krnet@list.krnet.org>
> Subject: KR>Composite Landing Gear Legs
>
> Hi guys, does anyone remember a few years back the guy who made his own
> composite gear legs, I remember he had it on his page how he did it. Wooden
> mold, lined with duct tape, layups and glass, I just cant find anything now.
> Was probably about 20 years ago now Thanks, Chris KR-1XLN2488CSent from my
> U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
> ________________________________

Yes.  That was Mike Mimms when he was building the Sky Pig some 25 years ago.
He built the legs with all unidirectional glass.  There area a few pictures of
that plane from the 2016 KR Gathering on John Bouyea's KRGathering.net web site
from when Brad Stone owned it.  The plane has changed hands a couple times
since then and to the best of my knowledge it not currently flying.
<https://www.krgathering.net/images/Gathering2016/LarryHowell/IMG_2484.JPG>
Follow the links from KRGathering.net to past gatherings, to 2016 in Mt Vernon,
then look for N2644C.  However, I don't know if the legs on the plane are the
ones Mike laid up, or if he later bought a set of the Grumman legs and cut them
down.  Additionally, Mike didn't complete the plane.  He sold the project, and
most of us never saw it again until Brad showed up in it at the Gathering in
2016.

Jeff Scott
Arkansas Ozarks