You can zoom in on the photos to better see the details.

This photo shows the inset of the mounts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0qo9zr7p5u4j67/IMG_8989.JPG?dl=0

This shows the outside

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwy77vnkwc04y0b/100_5553.JPG?dl=0

Some of the mounts look inset a good amount.  That's because my cowl was about 2 inches too short.  I glassed some 4 inch strips of aluminum to the inside of the cowl at the mount location to mount the cowl and then filled in the gap.  That made for additional thickness at the mount location.  Something else I did was to countersink a dimpled washer to the outside of the cowl and covered with a layer or two of "deck cloth" to reinforce the cowl at the screw locations.  This has kept the cowl from cracking with the hundreds of on and off mountings over the years.

Just get started and if you don't like the results, do it over.........

Larry Flesner