Was your original assembly from Aviation Products?  If so, what mod did you
have to make?

Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC

-----Original Message-----
From: Flesner
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 9:28 AM
To: krnet@list.krnet.org
Subject: KR>Re: Tail wheel cables.

On 5/26/2021 5:45 AM, colin hales wrote:
> My belief is that it depends on what type of tail wheel assembly you have.

My tailwheel assembly is steerable - full swivel.  I started with a 4 inch
solid wheel and like Colin said it is as loud as a thunderstorm.  I later
modified my assembly to use the 6" Matco pneumatic wheel / tire and love it.
I've always had 100% steering control on grass / tarmac / cement or whatever
with both the 4" and 6" wheel.  I even had full control with the 6" tire /
wheel with a flat tire.  I departed Oshkosh with a known flat tire, landed for
fuel on the way home, took off again an landed at my home base.  Zero damage to
the wheel and I was even able to use the tire again if I wanted to but I went
with a new tire and tube for $20.

Larry Flesner
-Search John Bouyea's decades of archive at
https://www.mail-archive.com/krnet@list.krnet.org/