Excellent response!Short, elegant and factual.Regards,Bill Jacobs Daytona
Beach, Fl.

    On Friday, June 18, 2021, 04:32:46 PM EDT, Flesner <fles...@frontier.com>
wrote:

KitPlanes magizine weekely e-mail had an article on composite
construction entitled "resin infusion" that opened with the following
statement.

"In the beginning, there was Rutan. The 1975 arrival of the VariEze at
Oshkosh introduced homebuilders to structural composite construction and
spawned a flood of new designs."

I couldn't let that stand so I e-mailed the editor the following e-mail:

SUBJECT:  Article on resin infusion

COMMENT"

The article opens with the following statement.
"In the beginning, there was Rutan. The 1975 arrival of the VariEze at
Oshkosh introduced home-builders to structural composite construction
and spawned a flood of new designs."

Factually WRONG.  It was Ken Rand that showed up at Oshkosh in 1972 with
the KR1 and in 1974 with the KR2 that started a "flood of new designs".
Ken Rand and his partner Stu Robertson were among the first to start a
revolution in composite construction and sold thousands of plan sets for
the KR series.  KR's are still being built today with the evolution to
the KR2S,  a stretched version of the original.  The fact that the KR
series revolutionized the home-building  world seems to be lost to history.

-Search recent KRnet Archives at
https://list.krnet.org/empathy/list/krnet.list.krnet.org/
-Search John Bouyea's decades of archive at
https://www.mail-archive.com/krnet@list.krnet.org/