Gary
I purchased a 24" braided 1/8" hose for my oil pressure sender (which is
electric) with AN3 fittings for under $30.  I say this to say that you can use
this hose to bring the oil pressure into the cockpit without the danger of the
hose bursting. As you can see in my picture I brought the oil sensing line to a
block and from the block to the sender. In your case you can take it from the
sender to the instrument via a firewall penetration or a AN3 bulkhead fitting.
SRP Steel Braided Brake Line, Straight AN -03 Ends - Circle Track and Oval
Track Parts For Sprint Cars, Late Models, Hobby Stocks, Street Stocks, and Mini
Stocks (smileysracing.com)