On many pressure sensing systems I have observed (similar your oil pressure
gauge) installations where there are several bends along the copper tube
which are plenty enough to take up thermal or vibration or pressure
stresses and the entire system mounted on a solid welded machine frame
having no vibration from engines or anything else.

Still the loop is present, always oriented below the running path of the
tube.

Invariably this loop collects fluid from the system and forms a "ptrap"
vapour barrier.

I see this over and over still I don't know why it is there on a machine
that experiences zero vibration.

The most recent example was a pressure gauge connected to a horizontal
pipe, there was a "T" in the horozontal pipe and a tube formed into a loop
with only a gauge atop the loop connected to the skyward facing "T"
outlet.  The guage was mounted to nothing but the looped tube.

Maybe the P trap stops thermal conductivity of hot gases from the source,
keeping them from travelling to then far end of the tube and into the gauge.

jg