This surely deserves an honorable mention... Thank you
    On Thursday, January 6, 2022, 05:31:37 PM CST, kiwi faulkner
<kiwifaulk...@hotmail.com> wrote:

 The truly amazing ability of the elderly to 'hoard' trinkets of an era past
was admirably demonstrated when my wife and I cleared out my mother's house
prior to it being sold.

Amongst the photos of a much younger, thinner (then) RAF pilot - which my wife
grabbed before I could consign them to the bin - were these old photos of New
Zealand's only Rand KR-1 (registered ZK-EKT) built by Mr Robert (Bob) Maisey in
the seventies.

These photos of the Walter Mikron powered KR-1 were taken by me at the
aircraft's base in Taupo, New Zealand in the late seventies or early eighties
when I was just a kid in school.  The incredibly trusting Mr Maisey allowed me
to taxy his aeroplane around the airfield, an experience that I will never
forget.  I still have the wealth of correspondence from Mr Maisey when,
equipped with my set of KR-1 plans, I bombarded him with questions regarding
the construction of the aircraft.

The lady in the photo is my mother - she is 94 years old now.  She can't catch
me to give me a hiding when I misbehave any more.

All the very best for the New Year.

Kiwi
-Search recent KRnet Archives at
https://list.krnet.org/empathy/list/krnet.list.krnet.org/
-Search John Bouyea's decades of archive at
https://www.mail-archive.com/krnet@list.krnet.org/