I met Allen Buzza at Serpentine Airport back in 2007, on a business trip to Perth. I was there working on a lightweight "heavy fuel" 2-stroke engine for a UAV contract. I saw Allen's gorgeous KR2, which he had to rebuild after the side hinged canopy opened on takeoff, killing the lift on the right wing and resulting in a stall. He'd rebuilt with it hinged at the front to prevent that from happening again, although we know now that even forward hinged canopies can be a problem if not latched. While I was there, Allen showed me his fuselage sides that he'd just finished up for his new KR2S. I was "taken under the wing" of a pilot named Graham, who flew me around to various airports, introduced me to a LOT of homebuilders and their projects, and generally showed me a fantastic time on the several weekends that I was there. There are photos of Allen's very nice KR2, the KR2S he was building, and lots of other projects and airplanes that I'd never seen before, as well as some Australian scenery. See http://www.n56ml.com/australia/ for a bunch of airplane and other photos, my experience in Australia, and a bunch of wonderful aviators. They really showed me how a small airport can thrive....and introduced me to a whole different world....

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com
Huntsville, AL