From: Chris Pryce via KRnet
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2022 6:09 PM
To: KRnet
Cc: Chris Pryce
Subject: Re: KRnet> Instrument Panel for my KR2S

I don't have a magnetic compass and I didn't have any issues with getting my
certificate.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022, 14:37 n357cj via KRnet <krnet@list.krnet.org> wrote:

  Hey Guys, I was watching some videos with my coffee this morning on
instrument panels and one guy mentioned that if with a glass panel you have a
magnetometer installed you don't need a wet compass... so did he mean that
because they are accurate and not needed or is the wet compass replaced in the
FAA's eyes for inspection purposes. I had a magnetometer with the D10a
installed in 357CJ and it was completely accurate but at no time did I think
that legally I could have removed the panel mounted compass.
  Joe Horton