I forgot a picture of the front receiver

        -----------------------------------------From: "Mark Langford"
To: "John Gotschall via KRnet"
Sent: Friday January 27 2023 10:41:23AM
Subject: Re: KRnet> Canopy failure question

 I should have mentioned that when I first got Jim Faughn's plane
 (N891JF), the canopy was side hinged to the right, and the two
suitcase
 latches were installed front and rear on the pilot's side. It worked
 fine. The only time I've had a problem with that one was the first
time
 I started the engine without them latched and the canopy was almost
 ripped off.

 Front hinged canopies don't have that problem at startup at all.
Twice
 on N56ML I took off without the pilot's side latched, and the
passenger
 side latch held fine, with the pilot's side only rising a couple of
 inches at the rear by twisting the canopy and frame. This happened
 immediately after takeoff, and I was not strong enough to pull it
 closed, so I limped along at slow speed until I could go around the
 pattern and land to fasten it.

 I'm as bad as anybody about wanting to build "everything" myself, but
 when it comes to canopy latches, I just take the easy and proven way
of
 buying a pair of these inexpensive canopy latches and move on....

 Mark Langford
 m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com [1]
 Huntsville, AL