I apologize to anyone who went looking for the TrueTrax ADI I describe in my
post below.  The ad came to me via Yahoo Mail, my normal email provider, and I
accepted it as valid.  Later on, checking on eBay, I couldn't find the item
even though I've gotten several atch List notices from eBay regarding this
instrument during the previous week . . . dropping from $300 Buy It Now to
today's $250.  The original notice from eBay via Yahoo should be in my Trash or
Deleted file.  It's not.  It's completely disappeared.

The crooks and hustlers are turning the internet into something resembling a
back street in Lagos.

It's getting harder and harder to separate the wheat from the chaff using the
net.  The hustlers seem to have no limits to their imagination in trying to
trick people into buying things, even things that don't exist.  I feel foolish
for extolling the virtues of an instrument that was just used as a device to
scamming someone, using my Watch List as phishing stock.  Which must mean they
must have access to my eBay account.  The Trutrax I now find on eBay, same item
number, for $250 says it is for "Parts Only" yet the notice I got via email
from eBay stated it as "New" with a completely different picture.  Time to
change my eBay log-in info obviously, but how did they get it in the first
place?  Unless I've picked up a key logger despite my security software and
general precautions.

So . . . please ignore my raving about how nice this instrument is.  It IS a
great instrument, but the one I got a notice for either doesn't exist at all or
is for "parts only" and was deliberately misrepresented just to get the
attention of potential buyers.  The eBay ad I linked to in the post below said
"New".  The one at that link now says "Parts Only".

Sorry.  I should have done some back-tracking before posting to the net.

MikeKSEE

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: MS <propbala...@att.net>To:
krnet@list.krnet.org <krnet@list.krnet.org>Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at
05:32:29 PM PSTSubject: Trutrax ADI with GPS
 I've watched this one drop from $300 to $250 BIN.  I'm not in the market for
one since I've already got one, but they're on my watch list so occasionally
they pop up.  I paid about $1250 for mine from Gulf Coast and it's been worth
every penny.

The ad says it is "NEW" so since these have been superseded by a different
design, finding one "new" is quite rare.  One would want a chat with the
seller.  I've not found any improvement (quite the opposite) with the newer
design . . . just judging by the specs and appearance in comparing the two.

This one has the built-in GPS for directional info, really nice feature.  They
came with and without the GPS option.

The responsiveness of this unit perfectly matches the responsiveness of the KR.
 No lag.

Even if you've got a fancy Garmin or Dynon EFIS or whatever, having this tucked
away in a corner of the panel makes an excellent back-up in case if complete
electrical failure.  It's got a built in battery back-up.  I bought mine before
TruTrax came out with this option so I made my own battery back-up.  This one
probably already has it.

Great instrument at a give-away price.

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/AKKljHIyzI67Y-tWrAnL0IVaX60

MikeKSEE