Thanks Mark,
I expect to get more done on the Freebird fuselage construction manual over the
upcoming winter months. Stay tuned.RegardsChris GardinerKR2S C-GKRZ

Sent from Rogers Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, November 3, 2023, 16:34, Mark Langford <m...@n56ml.com> wrote:

Bob Hartmaier wrote:

Are original KR-2 plans still available?  If so, at what price?

----------------

Jeannette Rand stopped selling KR plans several years ago, RR closed their
doors, and appearances are that she is retired.  For a while,  nvAero was
apparently allowed to sell them on her behalf, is my understanding.   A few
years ago Jeannette announced that plans were no longer available, and that
no-one had permission to reproduce or sell them.  So there is no longer any
source for KR2S or other plans, other than some bootleg copies that I hear may
be available on ebay or elsewhere, or unused (or used) copies of plans that
folks have laying around in their garages, etc.

FreeBird is an effort to remedy this problem, by posting free-to-download PDF
plans for those who'd like to build what will become the next generation of
KR-like homebuilt planes.  See http://www.freebirdplans.org/ for more on that.

 There's a lot more going on with the FreeBird design behind the scenes now,
thanks to two dedicated CAD guys who are making real progress in solid modeling
and visualization images, as well as plans themselves.  These plans will
incorporate many of the changes that KR builders have been making, such as
wider fuselages, and extra fuselage bay, the new airfoils, flaps, larger
canopy, and that sort of thing, as well as details that were left to the
imagination of the builder previously.  It's been way too long since I updated
the site, and I'll try to do that in the next week or two.

Also, we've had a very good "Fuselage Construction Chapter" written, (thanks to
Chris Gardiner) and am looking for other volunteers to write other chapters on
the construction phase, etc. The idea is not a simple "knock-off" of the plans
version, but a serious effort at filling in the blanks such as materials,
sources, best practices, etc.  Let me know if you'd like to tackle on of these
chapters.

Thanks,
 Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com