> At the first sight I could just throw out that part of the code where
> these function calls are, because at the first sight they should not
> have any obvious effect (maybe some minor performance degradation?).
>
> I will post a fixed-up branch for testing and notify the mailing list.

Apparently this has been simpler than I have expected; please test the
branch "fix-osx-build-v1". I have only tried if the code builds and
runs on linux; on OSX I assume that the error will be gone, just I'm
not sure if no other error would appear.

Link to the repository branch:

https://cgit.kde.org/ktechlab.git/log/?h=fix-osx-build-v1