On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 10:53:45AM -0700, 'Jungho Ahn' via Kubernetes user
discussion and Q&A wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an app which configuration can be updated dynamically without
> restarting it.
> I'm wondering if there is any way to
>    - send a new configuration to all replicas

You can use a configmap for your config, and when changing it, it will be
updated on the pods.

But, of course, if you screw up your config (syntax error), it might not be
good and crash your app (depends on your app). It's probably safer to create a
new configmap and deploy again using it.

It's way better to create again than to keep state and "update", IMHO. It's part
of doing the switch to containers, IMHO, and takes some time :-)

>    - check the status of all replicas

What do you mean with this? Not sure I understand.