I've got a GKE cluster that was create with a command something like

# gcloud container clusters create "cluster" --machine-type "n1-standard-1"
> --image-type=GCI --num-nodes "3" --network "default"

The resulting vm image os-release file is

BUILD_ID=8530.71.0
> NAME="Google Container-VM Image"
> GOOGLE_CRASH_ID=Lakitu
> VERSION_ID=53
> BUG_REPORT_URL=https://crbug.com/new
> PRETTY_NAME="Google Container-VM Image"
> VERSION=53
> GOOGLE_METRICS_PRODUCT_ID=26
> HOME_URL="https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/containers/vm-image/";
> ID=gci

GKE is configured with kubenet & a cbr0 bridge. Docker bridge networking is
setup to use the docker0 bridge. Since the docker0 bridge does not exist
any attempt by docker to use this network fails like:

# docker run --rm -i -t busybox sh

docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create endpoint
> pedantic_lalande on network bridge: adding interface vethdc5e518 to bridge
> docker0 failed: could not find bridge docker0: route ip+net: no such
> network interface.

Adding a --net=Host to the above run statement works fine. The primary
problem is docker does not accept the --net parameter for builds. The
relevant Docker issue <https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/10324> has
been open for a year & a half, a PR
<https://github.com/docker/docker/pull/20987> fix for 9 months.

My primary use case is running Docker builds on Jenkins slave pods which is
a complete no go with the above configuration.

Wil