Thanks a lot Jimmi. It worked.

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 3:01:22 PM UTC+5:30, Jimmi Dyson wrote:
>
> AFAIK you can't reference config maps across namespaces. Try creating the 
> configmap & deployment in the same namespace, & setting the 
> configMapKeyRef.name to simply the name of the configmap (my-configmap in 
> your example).
>
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 at 07:54 Manoj Khotele <manojkuma...@gmail.com 
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hello Brandon,
>>
>> Please find attached the files which I have tried and tested against 
>> k8s-v1.3.4.
>> Just go on creating namespace, configmap and then deployment.
>>
>> Then describe the pod created. You will get this error - Error syncing 
>> pod, skipping: failed to "StartContainer" for "logstash" with 
>> RunContainerError: "GenerateRunContainerOptions: configmaps 
>> \"my-configmap.non-default-namespace\" not found"
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Manoj
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Brandon Philips <brandon...@coreos.com 
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>>> Please attach or paste in the json/yaml for the configmap and deployment 
>>> so we can help debug.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:50 PM Manoj Khotele <manojkuma...@gmail.com 
>>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> I have created a configmap, let's say, named 'my-configmap' in let's 
>>>> say 'non-default-namespace' namespace.
>>>> I am trying to create a deployment in the same 'non-default-namespace' 
>>>> itself, which refers to the config-map to get the values of env var 
>>>> populated.
>>>>
>>>> But I am always getting the error which indicates that k8s could not 
>>>> find the configmap.
>>>>
>>>> I tried almost all the combinations for mentioning the name of 
>>>> config-maps for accessing the key-values from deployment file; like:
>>>> non-default-namespace.my-configmap, my-configmap.non-default-namespace, 
>>>> my-configmap
>>>>
>>>> I tried separators other than '.' as well, like '/' and ':'.
>>>>
>>>> Please help.
>>>>
>>>> I am working with k8s v 1.3.4.
>>>>
>>>> Best Regards,
>>>> Manoj
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>> an email to kubernetes-use...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
>>>> To post to this group, send email to kubernet...@googlegroups.com 
>>>> <javascript:>.
>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kubernetes-users.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>
>>> -- 
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the 
>>> Google Groups "Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit 
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/kubernetes-users/cVxRal4WU8k/unsubscribe
>>> .
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to 
>>> kubernetes-use...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
>>>
>>
>>> To post to this group, send email to kubernet...@googlegroups.com 
>>> <javascript:>.
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kubernetes-users.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>> -- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to kubernetes-use...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
>> To post to this group, send email to kubernet...@googlegroups.com 
>> <javascript:>.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kubernetes-users.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to kubernetes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kubernetes-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to